Willow Glen’s real estate market continues to sizzle. More houses are available for purchase than there have been, but prices continue to climb and homes continue to sell fast.
- Sale Price: 16 houses sold this week for an average price of $1,011,053 which is a huge jump from $785,000 of this week last year and the 12 week average sale price of $865,521.
- Inventory: More homeowners are realizing what a great time it is to sell, as evidenced by climbing inventory. There are now 59 houses for sale in Willow Glen, which is 40% higher than the 12-week average of just 42. Still considerably lower than the 89 houses that were for sale this week last year.
- Days on Market: Homes are going more quickly, too — just 23 days on market which is even lower than the already fast 35 day average over the last 12 weeks. Things are moving so fast that 64.5% of all properties in Willow Glen with a sign out front are already pending so if you want to buy in Willow Glen you really need to stay on top of the market and be ready to pounce — basically, make sure your realtor is watching the market like a hawk and workin’ HARD for you when you decide to make your move.
This week’s broker tour of new homes for sale in Willow Glen featured some real nice houses. Here are three of my favorites.
- 1726 Willowhurst Avenue is a big 3,280 square foot beauty with 5 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms and a 7,350 square foot lot, listed for $1,449,000. This butterfly travertine backsplash made quite an impression, with several of us realtors on tour snapping a picture.
- If you’re looking for a more affordable home with potential that’s easy to see, check out 2807 Stacia Drive. This 1,834 square foot 3/2.5 sits on a 8,464 square foot lot and is listed for $825,000. It’s going to sell quickly with its hardwood floors and nice backyard. The family room pictured here is begging for a set of french doors.
- My favorite new listing is a home that’s been on market several times in recent years at 901 Pine Avenue, and every time I fall in love with the killer skylight that features this gorgeous piece of hanging glass art. There are no windows facing the street which is interesting, but lots of light pours in from above and various courtyards. It’s am 1,832 square foot 3/3.5 on a 7,150 square foot lot listed for $899,000.